Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:11:47 +0200
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        =?windows-1252?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, FreeBSD XEN <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Porting the block-iscsi hotplug script

El 27/04/2015 a les 09:56, Gustau Pérez ha escrit:

>    Hello,
>
>    I'm trying to port the linux block-iscsi hotplug script and I
> discovered there is a chain of sourcing that ends up to including 5 or 6
> scripts in the tools/hotplug/Linux directory. Can I  strip those and
> rewrite them to include only the necessary code in the Freebsd hotplug
> directory? I presume there's no assumption about the scripts' names
> other than the hotplug script itself, but I'd like to first ask.
   This morning I got some time to work the block-iscsi script. With
some tweaking I was able to call directly the script with something like:

          scripts/block-iscsi add
iqn=bla,portal=bla,username=bla,password=bla

   and I was also able to simulate the remove. To do so I had to comment
out some variables (XENBUS_PATH for example).

   Now I'm trying to test it at domain creation time, and to do so I had
to uncomment XENBUS_PATH and the other changes. Creating the domain with
the disk using the iscsi syntax [1] fails. In the xen log file I get an
error complaining about XENBUS_PATH not being set [2].

   I was hoping that XENBUS_PATH would be set by the xl toolstack. Am I
doing anything wrong?

   Best,

   Gustau

[1] disk =
['script=block-iscsi,vdev=xvda,target=iqn=iqn.2015.local.labs-entel.test_xen:target1,portal=10.0.2.20,username=bla,password=bla']
[2] XENBUS_PATH: parameter null or not set