Date:      Sat, 16 May 2015 09:30:37 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?R3VzdGF1IFDDqXJleg==?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?Um9nZXIgUGF1IE1vbm7DqQ==?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, FreeBSD XEN <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Porting the block-iscsi hotplug script

El 30/04/2015 a les 16:40, Roger Pau Monné ha escrit:
> Hello,
>
> El 30/04/15 a les 16.04, Gustau Pérez ha escrit:
>>
>> El 30/04/2015 a les 11:57, Roger Pau Monné ha escrit:
>>> I've been digging into this, and it looks like it's going to be more
>>> complicated than what I thought. FreeBSD blkback is not prepared to work
>>> with hotplug scripts so we also need to modify it.
>>>
>>> I hope I'm going to have some time next week to prepare a patch to both
>>> the FreeBSD kernel and libxl, sorry for the delay.

   Hi Roger,

   I was checking my pending stuff and I found this. I was wondering if
there was any progress on the blkback backend to support iscsi hotplug
scripts. I'm planing to move a bunch of vms to Xen and I'd be very
interested on using the FreeBSD iscsi hotplug script I created by using
the linux one as a guide.

   Or perhaps, I was thinking, is there any way to create the domain
without hardcoding the disk on the cfg file and pass the disk someone as
a 'command option'? I mean, I was thinking of a parent script that would
connect the iscsi target, check the name of the new disk just connected
and then perhaps patch the .cfg file with that name and launch the xl
create command. A bit complicated solution but would do the work. I'd do
that, but I wonder if it would be worth the effort if the blkback
backend is to be here soon.

   What do you think?

   Best,

   Gustau