Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 2015 22:41:52 -0400
From:      Quartz <quartz@sneakertech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Current state of firewire support?

 From what I understand, FreeBSD "dropped support" for firewire at some
point in the past couple years, but I'm having trouble finding detailed
information on what exactly changed. Assuming 10.1-release, is there any
easy way to get an old firewire drive mounted? Is there a config file
that will load something at boot? A package I can install? Do I have to
patch the kernel? Or is firewire just totally gone for good?