Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 2015 07:13:33 +0900
From:      Hoyoung Kim <trig4800@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the proper indent style for FDP?

Hello. I'm curious about indentation style.
Which is the proper one when dealing with FDP xml files?

The original FDP files follow the style like this:

       <para>We have tried to keep the number of forward references in
         the text to a minimum so that you can read this section of the
         Handbook from front to back with the minimum page flipping
         required.</para>

This is another example:

     <listitem>
       <para>Introduce you to X, the &unix; windowing system, and
         detail how to configure a desktop environment that makes
         you more productive.</para>
     </listitem>

However, when I press P in Vim Visual mode to reformat selected text,
the style changes like this:

       <para>We have tried to keep the number of forward references in
       the text to a minimum so that you can read this section of the
       Handbook from front to back with the minimum page flipping
       required.</para>

And this:

     <listitem> <para>Introduce you to X, the &unix; windowing
     system, and detail how to configure a desktop environment that
     makes you more productive.</para> </listitem>

All the original files follow the former style, but FDP Primer suggests
the latter style.
(https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/editor-config.html#editor-config-vim)

I want to know whether the latter style is allowed or not. Should I
manually indent paragraphs after pressing P?

Thanks.