Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:22:31 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why oh why am I getting all thes extras with Postfix

--qc7FfiTGfrQuuUn9DVenoE5Lct0iB2C3X

On 10/09/15 09:49, Willem Jan Withagen (ecoRacks) wrote:
> Awkward things:
> - my PHP is already on 5.6
> - I explicitly try to prevent getting too much X11 stuff, so I definitl=
> don't want X-server and dri
> - As a free bonus I also get linux_base.
>=20
> This is also the fact that weird things need to be fetched from
> pkg.freebsd.org, instead of my own poudriere pakages

Does your own poudriere setup build all the packages you need?

In which case, you should disable the stock FreeBSD repo.  Create a file

   /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf

containing:

FreeBSD: { enabled: no }

You also seem to have a repo labelled 'pkg.freebsd.org' -- that
presumably comes from yet another repo.conf file under
/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos, which I'm guessing is a duplicate of the
default FreeBSD repo.  You probably don't need both that and the default
FreeBSD repo configured, so rename the extra config file to something
ending in other than .conf

Now, when you check with 'pkg -vv' you should only see your own repo.

If you do want to use a mixture of packages from the main FreeBSD repo
and your own poudriere, then you need to make sure your own repo is
higher priority than the FreeBSD one.  Just add 'priority: 1' lines to
your repo.conf.  The FreeBSD repo is automatically at priority 0.

You will also need to be careful with default versions when doing this.
php-5.6 is the default version in ports now, and it should be that in
the recently created 2015Q4 branch which is what 10.2-RELEASE defaults
to using.  Somewhere in your setup you have or used to have a setting
that says to use php-5.5 as the default.  This means you have packages
somewhere that have compiled-in dependencies on php55-foo modules, and
that is what is causing pkg(8) to try and install them.  Find the
setting -- look in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/*make.conf and chenge it
to use php-5.6, and then do a poudriere bulk rebuild of everything (ie.
with the '-c' flag) to remove anything that references php-5.5 from your
repo.

	Cheers,

	Matthew