Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 2015 01:54:08 -0700
From:      Mel Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the goal of the ports quarterly branches?

I have ports/branches/2015Q4 checked out for poudrerie thinking that it
would be aligned to what's in the quarterly pkg.freebsd.org repos, but
that doesn't seem to be the case.  For example, right now
pkg.freebsd.org has dovecot2-2.2.19, but the 2015Q4 branch only has
dovecot2-2.2.18.

I thought (one of) the goal(s) of the ports quarterly branches was that
the pkg.freebsd.org quarterly repos would use them, thus making life
easier for those of us who have to build at least some of our packages
from ports?