Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:15:43 +0200
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CC core dumping with CLANG 3.7 on armv5 - DREAMPLUG

Hi all,

since CLANG was upgraded  to 3.7 I'm not abel to compile anything on my
Dreamplug anymore:

FreeBSD clang version 3.7.0 (tags/RELEASE_370/final 246257) 20150906
Target: arm--freebsd11.0-gnueabi
Thread model: posix
configure:3562: $? = 0
configure:3551: cc -v >&5
FreeBSD clang version 3.7.0 (tags/RELEASE_370/final 246257) 20150906
Target: arm--freebsd11.0-gnueabi
Thread model: posix
configure:3562: $? = 0
configure:3551: cc -V >&5
cc: error: argument to '-V' is missing (expected 1 value)
cc: error: no input files
configure:3562: $? = 1
configure:3551: cc -qversion >&5
cc: error: unknown argument: '-qversion'
cc: error: no input files
configure:3562: $? = 1
configure:3582: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3604: cc    conftest.c  >&5
cc: error: unable to execute command: Bus error (core dumped)
cc: error: clang frontend command failed due to signal (use -v to see
invocation)

Unfortunately I don't have any debugging symbols enabled in world (yet - it's compiling), only
in the kernel, so I can't get a proper backtrace:

root@dreamplug:~ # gdb /usr/bin/cc cc.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
are
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "arm-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by `cc'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.
#0  0x01eb0868 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x01eb0868 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Does anyone have similar probelms or know a solution to that?

Please con't tell me that nobody is using armv5 anymore and I should
change to a RPi or so :-(

Cheers,

Mat