Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 2015 05:55:04 -0500
From:      zep <zgreenfelder@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terminal mirror, mirror terminal

On 11/18/2015 01:33 AM, Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 22:47:32 -0700, markham breitbach wrote:
>> sudo watch -W {his pty/n}
>>                          ^----- you can glean this from output of w
>>
>> This will give you write permission to his terminal, or you can have him
>> watch {your pty/n}
> I have read "man watch" and tried a few things - it's really
> versatile and still easy to use (for a not-so-technical user).
> I'm even going to automate this a little bit (get terminal
> id via "tty", start "mirroring xterm", display "press ^G when
> done" message when done, and so on). The only thing that's a
> bit annoying is the use of "sudo", but well, that's not a big
> deal as sudo has been properly configured.

you already seem to have your solution and it sounds to be a pretty
'thin' solution, but just to add on after - I would probably choose
vnc and set/give a readonly password.   it's notoriously insecure,
so it'd also (probably) need a ssh tunnel to run through, but I
still find it handy and it can do most anything an xsession can.
--
public gpg key id: 1362BA1A