Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 2015 17:53:45 -0800
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] build: WITH_FAST_DEPEND and WITH_CCACHE_BUILD

--1Rxu4w7ug0mB4E7ptQ6ONOeH8lTk33tUs

On 11/12/2015 9:40 AM, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Recently I have introduced two new features into the build. These apply=

> to anything using /usr/share/mk including buildworld, buildkernel,
> universe, etc.
>=20
> - The first is WITH_FAST_DEPEND. Please see the commit for its full

FYI there is a known issue with FAST_DEPEND with all of the csu
directories and libgcov. Apparently I never thought to do a full build
with having .depend files but no objects. Just today some thing changes
to cause the .depend files for csu to rebuild hitting the issue. I'll be
addressing it soon. The workaround is 'make cleandepend' before building
anything that is failing with 'multiple targets' errors.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery