Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 2015 23:28:02 +0330
From:      Hadi Rezaee <h.rezaee@ideatech.io>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with tcpdump/netmap

Hey there,

I rebuild my box (FreeBSD 10.2R amd64) with netmap support.
Just to check if everything going well, I connected my laptop to another
machine in same ip range.
The problem is when I issue "tcpdump -i netmap:re0" command to capture
packets, I see different results but all of them will fail eventually ..
for example:
1) the capturing will start successfully , I'll see some output on
screen and after seconds capturing will stop and the interface will lose
the IP address!
2) the capturing will start successfully , nothing will printed on
screen ... but the interface keep the IP address along with NETMAP flag
and at the end the stat will be:
0 packets captured
1904 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

please note than when i use tcpdump normally (without netmap), the
capturing process just run successfully ...

Thanks,
Hadi