Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:32:49 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Pyhalov <alp@rsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rctl limit cpu

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Alexander Pyhalov w dniu 26 lip 2011, o =
godz. 15:32:
> Hello.
> I see in rctl man page, that I can limit cpu time in milliseconds, =
e.g., for jail. But I can't deny allocation of the resource (according =
to man page).
> In Solaris I can assign different amount of cpu shares to different =
projects. How can I achieve this with rctl? For example, I'd like to =
give jail:www 40% CPU, jail:db - 50% CPU and leave 10% to the base =
system...

The cputime resource (it got renamed shortly before the code freeze to =
match
resource names in login.conf(5)) defines amount of CPU time used, not =
the percentage.
That's why you cannot deny it - if you could, it would just make the =
offending process
(jail, login class, user) hang indefinitely.

The %CPU limit is not implemented yet.  I plan to do this before =
sometime
after 9.0 is out.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my =
body?