Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 2016 10:50:46 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Macbook donation (wireless needs fixing)

Hey folks,

So now I have a few macbook laptops, they would be really great to run
FreeBSD except that the wifi isn't supported.

The macbooks have a broadcom BCM43xx chip inside of it for wifi.

Is anyone interested in a *free* (to keep) laptop(s) in exchange for
finishing this driver?

Getting FreeBSD running on older mac hardware would open up a pretty
large niche of laptops that are starting to get on the second use market.

Please let me know, I can drop the laptop off anywhere in the SF bay
area, or possibly toss it into a USPS/UPS box and send it to you.

My only ask is that after 3 months, if the driver isn't somewhat working
you return it so that it can be donated to a charity supporting the
homeless.

thanks!
-Alfred