Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:36:36 +0900 (EIT)
From:      "Tom Storey" <tom@snnap.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ntpd and GPS

Hi all,

Ive been toying with setting up my old Garmin GPS12 as a reference for a
server (FreeBSD 6.2) running ntpd, but Ive run into an issue.

Ive searched around a bit and cant find an answer, perhaps because there
isnt one.

Is there any way I can set ntpd to expect a $GPRMC string every 2 seconds,
which is the frequency at which the GPS12 transmits them?

Alternatively, does anyone know how to make the GPS12 transmit a $GPRMC
string every second?

If there is a better place I can post this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom