Date:      Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:58:18 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenVPN with xp & win7 clients

Hello List;

I travel outside of my home country a lot and can not access some web
site content because internet connection is from foreign ip address range.

I see many how-tos for installing and configuration VPN on a FreeBSD
host. But all most all of these how-tos assume the client will be a
FreeBSD box also. In my case I have 2 laptops I travel with, win xp &
win7. The official OpenVPN website does offer clients for xp & win7 but
configuration info is not available.

Looking for how-to to setup VPN client on xp & win7.

The FreeBSD handbook has section on IPsec/VPN, but again it assumes
server and client is a FreeBSD host. Looking for how-to on setting up
IPsec/VPN on xp & win7.

I have 2 concerns. How much hesitation will VPN inject into watching tv
programs or movies on my laptops in a foreign country? Will IPsec/VPN
inject longer hesitations?

Can I use the remote VPN client to start the show streaming and then
have the VPN host record the program? Later down loading the program
file to my laptop for viewing?

Thanks