Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:19:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        richard@jezebel.demon.co.uk
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Applixware

> Does anybody care that the delivery date for the Applixware port has
> slipped nine months, days before it was due to be shipped?

I think 9 months may be a bit overstating the case; I'm not sure who
made the update to the timeline on that page or when they did it, but
as someone who's been watching the Applixware porting project rather
directly, I can say that 9 months is hopefully the very longest it
could possibly take, not the time we're actually hoping for.  The port
was stalled for quite some time on other issues which have since been
rectified and I hope to see things moving quite a bit more quickly
now.  Applixware is quite *keen* to see this selling and interest in
the product has been quite high - the number of pre-orders we've
gotten has hardly been for nothing, it sent a very clear message to
both Applix and WC that this project needed to be a priority and this
is a large reason why the blocking factors we were dealing with from
the beginning of the applixware port finally got dealt with at all.
Don't lose heart yet, by any means.

- Jordan