Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:35:44 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/newfs mkfs.c newfs.8 newfs.c newfs.h

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:16:16 PST, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>   Modified files:
>     sbin/newfs           mkfs.c newfs.8 newfs.c newfs.h
>   Log:
>   Swing the axe and remove some archaic features from newfs which modern
>   diskdrives do neither need nor want:

I really like this.  The number of unnecessary options available in
newfs(8) has, I think, always presented a significant entry barrier for
new users.  It takes serious discipline and faith to read through the
entire manual page, trusting that you'll understand how to use the tool
effectively when you're finished.

Thanks,
Sheldon.