Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:21:33 -0500
From:      Antonio Rieser <tonyrieser@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wacom driver install problem

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 7.1 on an Acer Aspire 1680 laptop.  I just installed the
FreeBSD Wacom driver (with the kernel module) from the ports collection for
use with a Wacom Bamboo USB graphics tablet.  The driver works great, and
notices pressure sensitivity, button shortcuts, etc, but when I reboot, the
tablet is initially recognized only as a mouse.  In the startup messages, I
noticed that the tablet is found before the 'wacom start' message.

If I unplug and replug the tablet, then restart X, it works fine again.
Does anyone know how to force 'start wacom' before looking for the tablet?

Also, how do I make the settings I change using xsetwacom return after I
logout and log back in?

Thanks, and all the best,

  Tony