Date:      Thu, 9 May 2019 12:16:35 -0700
From:      Enji Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        ossobserver@redchan.it
Cc:        linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, misc@openbsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Danish FreeBSD Developer hates jews collectively

> On May 9, 2019, at 11:03 AM, ossobserver@redchan.it wrote:

This is the only reply I=E2=80=99m going to give to this thread that =
seems like obvious troll bait.

As a native English speaker who often gets into debates about =
controversial issues with respect to concepts like classism, LGBTIQ =
issues, race issues, etc, the argument phk@ made wasn=E2=80=99t =
necessary in favor of anti-semitism from the perspective of hating =
Jewish people or their culture/religion; it was more or less commentary =
about policy issues with Israelis vs Palestine, apartheid, the Gaza =
strip occupation and the fact that some of the Israeli people aren=E2=80=99=
t acting out against the issues between both parties in an attempt to =
end the conflict. With this in mind, it was a poorly worded response =
which led to a slippery slope in a discussion, done on a social medium =
(Twitter) that seems to get blown out of proportion really quickly =
(trolls and misinterpretation abound).

This kind of reasoning presented sounds a lot like cognitive dissonance =
employed by the far-right in America vs individuals like Rep. Ilhan =
Omar, etc, where they play the victim in order to make leftist groups =
look like they tolerate hate against certain groups (in this case Jewish =
people). Does that mean that the left has anti-Semites? Yes, it can =
happen, regardless of one=E2=80=99s political allegiance if one is to =
believe the left vs right dichotomy (which I think is largely poppycock, =
meant to separate groups via tribalism, etc). However, I think a number =
of people are reading between the tea leaves in this thread.

Do I think phk@ and others should potentially take a step back from the =
discussion and avoid digging a larger hole than has already been dug? =
Yes. It=E2=80=99s not my business to make people do that though, since =
I=E2=80=99m not in a leadership/policy making position.

Please leave this discussion on Twitter instead of flooding these =
mailing lists. Linux/OpenBSD should not be exposed to this unnecessary =
drama, and FreeBSD-CURRENT is the wrong mailing list for this (try =
freebsd-chat@ if you are so inclined).

-Enji

PS I am not representing the FreeBSD project; I am only representing my =
personal opinion.=