Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:27:43 -0600
From:      Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>
To:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Gigabit ethernet

These pages should answer all of your questions.

http://people.freebsd.org/~wpaul/Alteon/
http://people.freebsd.org/~wpaul/SysKonnect/

I went with the NetGear GA-620 because it was cheap.

In retrospect (after talking with Bill Paul), I should have probably gone
with the Alteon AceNIC or the 3com 3c985. They both have 1 MB of SRAM
compared to the 512 KB in the NetGear. To quote Bill, "The Netgear card is
inexpensive for a reason. :)"

Charles