Date:      15 Apr 1997 17:11:16 -0700
From:      jasons@mdhost.cse.tek.com (Jason Scheck)
To:        comp-unix-bsd-freebsd-announce@uunet.uu.net
Subject:   Feasibility of porting Linux filesystem code?

Linux has a file system driver that I would very much like to use on my
home FreeBSD server (a Macintosh HFS driver).  Assuming some driver
aptitude, what is the feasibility of converting this driver to run under
FreeBSD?  Are the models totally incompatible?

The DOS filesystem driver has been broken for long enough that it seems
that it might be difficult.  However, it might not have been converted due
to filesystem issues.  I do know that some version of the ext2fs runs
under both.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Jason Scheck
jasons@netcom.com