Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:04:34 -0600
From:      Steve Suhre <steve@Antero.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP command line syntax

I need to set up a cron job that will fetch a file using ftp and a
password. I've tried several versions of the commands as described in the
man page and the Auto-Fetch section but I'm getting an error that makes me
think I'm missing something...

If I use the suggested syntax:

ftp ftp://user:password@host/path

I get:                Can't locate or login to host `user'

It looks like ftp is not aware of the man page and wants the server where
the login info is supposed to be. I've tried several variations of the line
with no luck. Any help?

---
Steve Suhre
Antero web technologies