Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 1996 07:17:54 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote in message ID
<4900.828597757@time.cdrom.com>:
> And, I might also add, favored by rock stars for the round, full
> appearance it gives to said equipment when worn under spandex pants.
> Doesn't hurt to protect the old family jewels from thrown beer
> bottles, either, which is probably where the whole idea started.
> History is somewhat vague on this, but I'll bet if you could have been
> a fly on the wall of the Hammersmith Odeon you'd have heard a
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just for those who HAVEN'T been to London or seen a map of the London
Underground, Hammersmith is a district of London.

> Keith: "'ere mate, look.." [opens a book and holds it up] "Codpiece (n)
> A bag covering the male genitals, attached to breeches.."

Yeah, right, like Keith would really be able to read if he's that
drunk :-)

> Sadly, such a conversation, if it indeed took place, is lost forever
> in the mists of rock history.

Rock history perhaps, but do we keep an archive of the chat list? :-)

> > [Gary consults Webster's ]

Err, better be accurate (for the record), it was ``The Collins Concise
Distionary Plus'' :-)

Gary