Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:17:23 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: Problems with fusefs-ntfs port

> from Stefan Ehmann:

> On 16.01.2015 06:38, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > I've been having trouble with fusefs-ntfs on a Seagate BackupPlus hard drive, 5 TB, external USB 3.0.

> > It wouldn't mount with ntfs-3g, but I was apparently able to copy (ntfscat) the files one-by-one, very inelegant and quite unworkable for anything other than a small number of files in a simple directory structure.

> > Trying to mount Seagate BackupPlus with ntfs-3g /dev/da0s1 /media/zip0

> > fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory

> Check dmesg. IIRC this message indicates a missing kernel module (not a
> missing hard disk device).

What module?  I built all modules with the kernel, and then why would ntfsls and ntfscat see the device file that ntfs-3g didn't?

I checked /var/run/dmesg.boot, biggest thing I noticed was repeated attempts to find USB 3.0 device.

After booting, there is enough console spew to make ttyv0 practically unusable.

Tom