Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2020 18:02:47 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
To:        Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su>
Cc:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>, Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
Subject:   Re: ZFS server has gone crazy slow

> On Apr 11, 2020, at 13:48, Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su> wrote:
>=20
> Hi Chris,
>=20
> What does zpool status say about the pool?  Also check if the SMART value=
> of these disks are okay.

Looks okay, I think.  Full output below.

  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can
	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,
	the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support
	the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.
  scan: none requested
config:

	NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zroot          ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mirror-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

And, I=E2=80=99m not sure how to check SMART values.  This is a Dell server=
, and I=E2=80=99m 95% sure I have it=E2=80=99s RAID controller (Dell PERC 6=
, mfi0) just set to provide JBOD for the two disks.  Will the smartmontools=
 package be useful with disks on an mfi controller?

    - Chris