Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 13:53:50 -0500
From:      "Smith, Jeremy" <SmithJ@mps.bellhowell.com>
To:        "'Beau James'" <bjames@cisco.com>, aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: SCSI bus topology questions

If I'm not mistaken the disable/enable option is for the low-byte SE
terminator on the SCSI bus. This is the only term shared between any of the
"plugs". High-Byte UW should always be termed in this setup and
High/Low-byte U2W should always be termed. If both of the SE connectors are
in use then the Low byte on the bus would not need to be terminated by the
host adapter as it is in the middle of the bus. The Low byte should be
terminated with good quality terminators on either end of the SE bus. Often
times the terms on CD-ROMS, tape drive and the like are not of very good
quality. Try disabling the terminator in the SCSI Bios and if that fails get
a couple of active terminators to put on the ends of your cables.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Smith
System Administrator
Bell+Howell MPS