Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 21:54:23 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Garth Kidd <garth@pisces.systems.sa.gov.au>
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami), torstenb@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh port update

> I'll try the official port.  One question; should I use pkg_manage to
> delete my original attempt first?  Will it get confused if I just go ahead
> and make install again?

I would just make install again.  Also, don't get too comfortable with
pkg_manage - it's gone away in -current and will eventually (soon I
hope) be replaced with something better.

> [Related: I'm about to upgrade from fvwm 1.x to fvwm 2.x; should I delete
> the old one first with pkg_manage?]

I most definitely would not do that - I played with fvwm2 a bit (which
co-exists perfectly happy with the first version of fvwm - the port
maintainer being quite careful about this, I was very happy to see)
and I didn't like it at all.  I quickly ran back to the original.

					Jordan