Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:43:52 -0000
From:      Paul Richards <paul@freebsd-services.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, developers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        core@freebsd.org, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmgr duties expand

--On Saturday, November 17, 2001 19:01:45 -0700 Warner Losh
<imp@harmony.village.org> wrote:

> Core is pleased to announce that as of Tuesday, November 11, we've
> delegated the maintenance of the ports tree to the portsmgr team.
> They have been maintaining the infrastructure make system for a while
> now.  To that list, we've added the ability to approve ports
> committers; to resolve disputes within the ports tree; and to generally
> manage the ports tree as appropriate.

Will committers approved by the postmgr team be restricted to working in
the ports tree or will they have free reign as other committers do?

What's the process for becoming a src or docs committer if you were
originally approved by portsmgr and not by core?

Paul Richards
FreeBSD Services Ltd
http://www.freebsd-services.com