Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:58:38 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Daniel Malament' <danielm@j51.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: vinum installation

Dan,
 1. Did you get the tarball from ftp.lemis.com, and which one did you get?
 2. Did you follow the instructions in the README.

It says in there that you are supposed to cd /usr/src and then untar the
files there.
Take a look at ftp://ftp.lemis.com/pub/vinum/README

As far as stability, I haven't heard much trouble with it.  I'm using vinum
but only for concatenation.  Personally I think, even if you are mirroring,
you should still do backups anyway.  :)

-Chris