Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:07:12 -0800
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Subject:   Gnome 2 on FreeBSD 4.7p3 -- multiple issues

--Apple-Mail-2--327960374

1) Is there any way to run xscreensaver with gdm2? =A0With gdm, there =
was=20
a Background option in the config tool, but that's gone.

2) gdm2 crashes if I go to the configure tool, close, then go to the=20
configure tool again. =A0I saw this same behavior in gdm, and it was=20
solved by starting via /etc/ttys, I think. =A0Is there anyway to fix=20
this?  Basically, once I go to the configure tool, I have to resart=20
gdm2 if I want to go to the configure tool again.

3) I followed the directions to get font anti-aliasing working, and I=20
do have GDK_USE_XFT set to 1 via .gnomerc.  However, I don't see any=20
difference in anti-aliasing.  There was some anti-aliasing before I did=20=

anything at all, for instance in mozilla some fonts are anti-aliased. =20=

But there is none in the gnome2 desktop even after the new settings. =20
What am I missing?  Do I just need to add the proper fonts or something?

Thanks!

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA=

--Apple-Mail-2--327960374

1) Is there any way to run xscreensaver with gdm2? =A0With gdm, there
was a Background option in the config tool, but that's gone.

2) gdm2 crashes if I go to the configure tool, close, then go to the
configure tool again. =A0I saw this same behavior in gdm, and it was
solved by starting via /etc/ttys, I think. =A0Is there anyway to fix
this?  Basically, once I go to the configure tool, I have to resart
gdm2 if I want to go to the configure tool again.

3) I followed the directions to get font anti-aliasing working, and I
do have GDK_USE_XFT set to 1 via .gnomerc.  However, I don't see any
difference in anti-aliasing.  There was some anti-aliasing before I
did anything at all, for instance in mozilla some fonts are
anti-aliased.  But there is none in the gnome2 desktop even after the
new settings.  What am I missing?  Do I just need to add the proper
fonts or something?

Thanks!

=20

--