Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 16:43:53 -0400
From:      "Alexandratos, Jerry (FUSA)" <JerryAlexandratos@FirstUSA.com>
To:        'Nik Clayton' <nik@freebsd.org>, "Alexandratos, Jerry (FUSA)" <JerryAlexandratos@FirstUSA.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: VAIO F270 Questions

> First, my understanding is that the VAIOs have real modems.  I'm pretty
sure
> that this is still the case for the F270s.  Can someone tell me how to
> detect and setup the internal modem?

: I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I know the F270 doesn't have an
: internal modem.  Mine came bundled with a "Platinum Card MC220 Modem Card"
: which is a modem, and you can also buy various cables for it to use it as
: an ISDN modem or as an ethernet card.

All of the F-series (100 & 200) that I've seen come with the internal modem.
According to Sony's engineers and their web page, both the 100s and 200s use
the same type of modem.  Now, I've read people with F160s getting the modem
working.  My question is what did they have to do?  I can't see it via a
probe
so I figure it may be somewhere other than IO_COM2.

> Second, how hard is it to setup the sound on one of these beasts?

: Impossible, to the best of my knowledge.  I could be wrong, but the
: consensus on the list when I searched the archives was that it wasn't
: possible.

Damn!  I thought this was supposed to be SB compatible.  8(

> Finally, I want to setup a hibernation partition on this machine.  Is the
> partition id 160?

: Yes.  I used FIPS to shrink the Windows partition, put a BSD partition
: in the middle, and didn't touch the pre-existing hibernation partition.
: Fn+F12 suspends to disk, and takes about 15 seconds to do so.

Could you do me a favor and let me know what the partition ID is?  I know
the size should be "system mem + 3M", but no idea what the ID itself is.

Thanks.

	--Jerry