Date:      Thu, 14 May 2020 15:48:47 +0000
From:      myfreeweb <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        Dan Kotowski <dan.kotowski@a9development.com>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Layerscape/QorIQ LX2160X

On May 14, 2020 3:32:13 PM UTC, Dan Kotowski <dan=2Ekotowski@a9development=
=2Ecom> wrote:
>I'm wondering if anybody knows of work being done to port FreeBSD to the =
Layerscape platforms?

>I happen to have a SolidRun HoneyComb LX2K workstation, based on NXP's La=
yerscape LX2160A, next to my desk running a custom-multistrapped Debian Jes=
sie build, but would love to get FreeBSD running instead=2E I have only min=
imal experience working down in BSD driver/kernel land and no experience at=
 all with Crochet, but would like to learn=2E And while I cannot afford to =
donate the actual hardware I'm happy to work with others to test builds=2E

Do not even think about crochet or device trees or any of the embedded stu=
ff on such a machine!! ;)

Just use the latest UEFI firmware in ACPI mode to boot generic FreeBSD=2E

Looking at their ACPI tables, they do finally have PCIe and USB3 as generi=
c devices, though oddly not SATA: https://github=2Ecom/SolidRun/edk2-platfo=
rms/tree/master-lx2160a/Silicon/NXP/LX2160A/AcpiTables/Dsdt