Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 06:12:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src Makefile

> 	Welp, my apologies (sincerely) to the denizens of -hackers if I've
> stepped across some sort of boundary. The 14 times I've mentioned this

I think you're taking a small jab rather more harshly than it was
intended.  All I meant by this was a reference to the usual refrain
(which has been going on for years) about people sending enhancement
requests or bug fixes to the mailing lists rather than using send-pr.

I and several other folks make an effort to scoop these things out of
the air when we see them, but if nobody happens to be looking at the
moment then you can pretty much kiss whatever it was goodbye and
that's a shame - it's a rare soul indeed who goes looking back through
the mailing list archives for lost submissions given the daily volume
of the mailing lists.  With a PR you'll at least eventually have your
request looked at again once or twice by our resident PR
archaeologists. :-)

					Jordan