Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 2020 18:18:06 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org, felix@palmen-it.de
Subject:   Re: bhyve, Windows guest and trim support

On 2020-07-07 17:40, Felix Palmen wrote:

> As I don't have background knowledge how TRIM works exactly: Should
> guests that support it automatically free unused space when running on
> the updated bhyve? Or would I have to do a "clean restart", by creating
> a new zvol and copying everything over in the guest?

I have yet to try this, but, as I said, I switched temporaly to ahci-hd
and used the instructions at the following link to reclaim space
(without the need to start a new zvol):

https://winaero.com/blog/trim-ssd-windows-10/

Don't know if you are using other OSes, but I guess something similar
must exist.

HTH

  bye
	av.