Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 14:09:32 +0200
From:      Urban Olsson <Urban.E.Olsson@telia.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Compiling problems

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to compile a simple TCP-client program. The
problem is that as soon as I include "sys/socket.h" or "resolv.h" I get =
lots
of error messages. I have done this before on other computers without
problem so I am a little bit confused. Could there have been some =
problem
during installation or some hardware problem or is there some =
environment
variable that should be set? The error messages looks like this:

"/usr/include/sys/socket.h:52: syntax error before =B4sa_family_t=B4"

It seems to be a type related problem. It seems like the compiler does =
not
recognize u_char, u_short etc. The solution is probably simple but the
problem is no less irritating so some help would be appreciated.

regards Urban Olsson