Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2018 16:45:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      Maciej Jan Broniarz <gausus@gausus.net>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   issue upgradning src

Hi,

I want to upgrade my 12.0-ALPHA8 to the latest release, yet I am unable to update from source:

#pwd
/usr/src
#ls
COPYRIGHT               Makefile.libcompat      UPDATING                etc                     libexec                 share                   tools
LOCKS                   Makefile.sys.inc        bin                     gnu                     release                 stand                   usr.bin
MAINTAINERS             ObsoleteFiles.inc       cddl                    include                 rescue                  sys                     usr.sbin
Makefile                README                  contrib                 kerberos5               sbin                    targets
Makefile.inc1           README.md               crypto                  lib                     secure                  tests
#svn update
Skipped '.'
svn: E155007: None of the targets are working copies
#uname -r
12.0-ALPHA8

On the other hand - freebsd-update also fails:
#freebsd-update fetch
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 2 mirrors found.
Fetching public key from update4.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching public key from update1.freebsd.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.
#

How can i upgrade to the lastest release of 12.0 without reinstalling the system?

All best,
mjb