Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2017 12:03:08 +0200
From:      Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
To:        David Wahlund <david@dafnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security/libressl: Add the possibility to build only libtls

> On 21. Aug 2017, at 11:59 AM, David Wahlund <david@dafnet.se> wrote:
>=20
> I'd like to use the libtls library of LibreSSL on FreeBSD. Or the =
python bindings to libtls specifically. I do NOT however want to replace =
openssl or use the libssl library.
>=20
> =46rom what I understand it would be possible in practice as I assume =
it's only libssl that overwrites files used by openssl.
>=20
> Would it be possible to create an option in LibreSSL, or preferably =
make a separate port, for libtls only? That way future ports can depend =
on libtls only. For example a future python-libtls port could depend on =
that.

Unless you build your own packages with OpenSSL from ports
you can just install LibreSSL and use it in your programs...

# pkg install libressl

OpenSSL lives in the base system, LibreSSL will be an optional
install under /usr/local.

Cheers,
Franco=