Date:      Fri, 2 Jan 2015 02:26:44 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Chris Watson <bsdunix44@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSec and racoon issue...

> On 02 Jan 2015, at 02:12 , Chris Watson <bsdunix44@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Bjoern,
>=20
> Well now the puzzle deepens. I noticed about 5 minutes before your =
email came through I have NO *ipsec* or *net.key* sysctls.=20
>=20
> It's like the crypto subsystem isn't getting pulled in to my kernel =
compile, even though its in the config. Whaaaat? I wonder if my src tree =
is jacked. But how could the kernel build if it didn't have all the bits =
that are in my kernel config? Maybe I pulled a src update in the middle =
of someones commit? This is really weird.
>=20
> Kernel Config of the server in question:
>=20
> # $FreeBSD: stable/10/sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC 272313 2014-09-30 =
16:55:19Z bz $
>=20
> cpu             HAMMER
> ident           PRIYANKA
>=20
> =E2=80=A6.

> # IPSec support
> options         IPSEC                   # Enable IPSec support
> device          crypto                  # Use the Crypto framework
> device          cryptodev=20
> options         IPSEC_FILTERTUNNEL      # Allowing packet filtering on =
tunneled packets
> device          enc                     # Support for the =
encapsulating interface

Good. So this is a kernel build/install issue after all.

You sure you did build and installed the right kernel config (did you =
save this with a different name than GENERIC?);  check uname for what =
you are running.

=E2=80=94=20
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                  Charles Haddon Spurgeon:
"Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life.  Many might have failed
 beneath the bitterness of their trial  had they not found a friend."