Date:      12 Oct 1999 09:10:00 +0200
From:      maulwurf@subloch.medicusnet.de (Stefan Huerter)
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: vinvalbuf: dirty bufs

Guckux

Running FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE

from dmesg:
da2 at ahc0 bus 0 target 1 lun 0
da2: <DEC RZ73     (C) DEC T25I> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da2: 8.064MB/s transfers (8.064MHz, offset 15), Tagged Queueing Enabled
da2: 1908MB (3907911 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 1908C)

I've recognized with FreeBSD 3.1 that this drive has problems with
taggings, so I reduced them.

I encounterd with FB 3.2 problems with this drive. Upgraded to FB 3.3 I
checked it once more and get more problems. It is controlled from a
Adaptec 2940, I make a low level format with the Adaptec-Bios and check 3
times via "verify disk media" with no problems.
When I make a "newfs -i 8192" (with tagging disabled through camcontrol
command) there will be a few superblocks written out, then newfs will stop
(no screen-output anymore), the drive scratches a little bit and then I
get following:
panic: vinvalbuf: dirty bufs

any chance to get it working back? or is it really damaged?

Bye
     Stefan