Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2019 17:07:49 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Balanga Bar <balanga.bar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Marvell Kirkwood - anyone?

You say "All I want is updated instructions to build".  Then you point
out you managed to get a build done, and what you really want is
support for a kernel panic.

I'll reiterate:  there is no support available anymore for these
systems.  The only reason the code still exists in freebsd is because
some users reported they were still having some limited success using
kirkwood-based systems (that was a year or two ago).  Your report of
mysterious panics is pretty much in line with what you'd expect for
code that is no longer being maintained.

It's a sad thing.  I still use dreamplug systems myself, I have to for
$work.  But we run freebsd 8.2 on them, because that's the last version
that I know was really stable.  Everything later than that I've tried
(even 8.4) fails in a variety of mysterious ways from panics to data
corruption to failure of fsck to preen disks after a crash.

-- Ian