Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:54:31 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gmirror and a flaky member

Can a geom mirror handle a member that gets disconnected and then reappears again?

What I am seeing right now is that the mirror does not pick up the member when
it reappears.   I have to add it back manually.  Even worse, the commands I have
to execute are:
$ gmirror forget ...
$ gmirror insert ...

This does not appear to be a graceful way of reactivating the member.

Whatever other commands I try (activate, rebuild) they fail.

Maybe there is something I should set in the mirror's configuration.
Any advice?
Thank you!
--
Andriy Gapon