Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 2003 02:21:20 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
Cc:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>, hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ftp-master.eu in Europe

At Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:24:33 +0100,
Daniel Lang wrote:
> I have an rsyncd on an additional interface, which can be
> configured to allow access only for registered users. So at
> least priority in terms of connections is no problem.

That's nice!

> Further I will try to implement Littleboy's collection-files
> to offer the FreeBSD archive via CVSup as well.
>
> For the collections, it would be important to get them updated
> if something on the ftp-master changes, just like the "self-supfile"
> for the CVS repository, but nobody came up with something, yet.

Yes, I'd like to provide more broken collections on ftp-master and
distribute the collection definition via CVSup.

> Bandwith is no issue, our main uplink to the G-Win
> (german academic network) has been upgraded to 2GB/s, and we
> have a Gigabit connections straight through.
> CPU/Ram seems to be bottleneck, although our box is a
> Dual 2.4GHz Xeon with 2GB RAM.
> Hmm, maybe I could get another box, but not enough additional
> diskspace, I could use NFS, though, but I'm not sure, if
> thats a good idea?

Wow, how nice bandwidth!  Ok, if we can collect disk array donation,
is there a space for that in your rack?  As I said to Cejka before, 2
or 3 IDE HDDs with PCI RAID card may be enough for this purpose.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project