Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:56:25 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/perl5 MAINTAIN README.posix-bc Todo-5.005 XSlock.h bytecode.h byterun.c byterun.h ebcdic.c interp.sym myconfig objpp.h perl_exp.SH thread.sym src/contrib/perl5/eg/cgi dna.small.gif.uu wilogo.gif.uu src/contrib/perl5/ext/B byteperl.c ...

At Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:12:33 +0100,
Mark Murray wrote:
> > Why these files are removed?
>
> Because CGI has nothing to do with 'base' FreeBSD (any more than
> Apache does), and the other files are not in Perl-5.6.1.

I don't like such a small inconsistency with original distribution.
If we remove these files, installing procedure such as "You do not
have to do anything if your system have Perl 5.6.1" cannot apply our
installation.  This may cause much confusion to many users.

If we cannot install these files, we should do:

o Document "Our Perl 5.6.1 is not complete installation" at relnotes
  or so.
o Add FREEBSD-{upgrade,deletelist,Xlist} on src/contrib/perl5.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project