Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:10:53 +0100
From:      Kai Haberzettl <kai@khaberz.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Notebook / NIC strangeness

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> writes:

> In message: <7xadiqh49y.fsf@zaphod.khaberz.net>
>             Kai Haberzettl <kai@khaberz.net> writes:
> : Dec 28 10:23:58 arthur pccardd[48]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")
>
> This is a classic 'I set a memory address that conflicts with
> something else' problem.  This can be a problem in the default
> config.  Try values other than 0xd0000.  0xd8000 or 0xdc000 usually
> work better.

Actually, the defaut was set to 0xd4000. I tried all the other values
now (by making the change to /etc/pccard.conf) - no change, same error.

Couriously, someone else reported a very similar problem on this list
just yesterday:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=5921+0+current/freebsd-mobile

Thanks,
Kai