Date:      23 Sep 2006 18:57:17 +0200
From:      Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath0 weak connectivity

	Hi Sam!

 Sam> I do not understand what "bad connectivity" means.

I'm not a native speaker so I've apparently used a wrong term, I apologize
for the confusion. Instead I should've probably said "low signal strength".

 Sam> If you provide
 Sam> information like the mac+phy revs for the card, hal version, and
 Sam> statistics from programs like athstats then it might be possible to
 Sam> identify what's wrong.  Otherwise look at turning on debugging at the
 Sam> net80211 layer with wlandebug.  Both athstats and wlandebug are found
 Sam> in src/tools/tools (under net80211 and ath respectively).

Here it is:

dmesg:

<Atheros 5212> mem 0xa8400000-0xa840ffff irq 11 at device 2.0 on pci4
ath0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ath0: Ethernet address: 00:14:a4:80:f6:74
mac 5.9 phy 4.3 radio 3.6

sysctl -a | grep ath | grep hal:

hw.ath.hal.version: 0.9.16.16
hw.ath.hal.dma_brt: 2
hw.ath.hal.sw_brt: 10
hw.ath.hal.swba_backoff: 0

Output after wlandebug +debug scan is too large to be quoted on the list,
so please take a look here: http://www.karasik.eu.org/misc/ath0.html ,
probably you can find anything suspicious?

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik