Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:11:42 -0500
From:      courtney@whtz.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   home directory permissions

hey everyone-

     I am trying to add a user with his home directory on a different hard
drive (storage limitations), Free BSD will let me add the user just fine,
but my MTA tries to deliver mail it reports an error or "world write-able
directory"..SO here is my question- what permissions do I need to assign to
the home directory?  and what command will give me those (i.e. chmod
??????)

Thanks for all of your help,

Bernie

Bernie Courtney