Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2022 17:54:20 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Stephen Roznowski <sjrbulk@verizon.net>
To:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Staging and /var

------=_Part_3430863_1354663849.1672163660123

I'm in the process of creating a new port that requires the installation of=
 some files in /var.

I notice that the file /usr/ports/Templates/BSD.local.dist doesn't have any=
 of the /var tree in it, is there a particular reason why that is missing? =
(I could see where a small subset of /var would be useful to autocreate in =
the stage directory.)

I realize that I can just do:

=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 pre-install:

=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 @${MKDIR} ${STAGEDIR}/var/xxx

for the directories that I need.

If there isn't a particular reason why this is excluded, I can go ahead a c=
reate a bug report/patch for this file.

Thanks,

Steve

------=_Part_3430863_1354663849.1672163660123