Date:      Sat, 02 May 2015 21:09:24 +0000
From:      Nathaniel Goodman <nathanielgoodman@ruggedinbox.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   input wanted regarding choice of hw for home wireless ap

Hope this is the right list to pose the question;

I am on the market for a low-cost, low-power arm device to run FreeBSD (preferably, not -current) on. Its sole function will be acting as a wireless ap/pf firewall for a small network.

Now, I am new to this area, having only run FreeBSD on a rpi 1 some months ago.

FreeBSD, barring some unforeseen limitation, is definitely my choice for this project;

Here are the main points:

- Gigabit ethernet (wired).
- Must be able to route at least 30mbps [preferably (much) more].
- Must run fbsd 10 [I realize arm is not tier 1] and do so in a stable manner.
- Under $200.

Would any of the members be able to contribute some expertise given the scenario described above?