Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:42 +0900
From:      OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@be.to>
To:        Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/17301: New port: mozilla-fonts

In the message <200003121710.JAA22258@freefall.freebsd.org>
Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk (Dominic Mitchell) wrote:

>  On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 12:56:53PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
>  > Not everyone's going to look at DESCR. I advise having the Makefile ${CAT}
>  > ${PKGDIR}/DESCR.

>  You're right.  Whoever commits this, please add in this line to the
>  Makefile:

>  post-install:
>  	${CAT} ${PKGDIR}/DESCR

It is better to store post-installation notices in ${PKGMESSAGE}
rather than ${DESCR} or ${PKGDIR}/DESCR, and display it as follows:

post-install:
	@${CAT} ${PKGMESSAGE}

in the Makefile.

See the "using pkg/MESSAGE" section in the handbook for details. :-)
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/porting.html#PORTING-MESSAGE)

Tetsurou