Date:      Fri, 05 May 2000 23:24:54 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        sada@FreeBSD.org, obrien@FreeBSD.org, tom@eborcom.com, girgen@partitur.se, cjh@kr.freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Introducing a netscape wrapper

At Fri, 05 May 2000 20:48:40 +0900,
SADA Kenji <sada@bsdclub.org> wrote:
> In article <86u2gdmhug.wl@localhost.local.idaemons.org>
> knu@idaemons.org writes:
>
> >> Everytime you find something in common with all the netscape ports'
> >> wrappers, you can move it to the new wrapper, one by one.  That's what
> >> I call "minimum changes".
>
> I understand it.
> But I don't understand why the new wrapper
> should be an independent port.

It's just because every netscape port has a `do-install' target of its
very own.  The new wrapper's installation process, therefore, could
not be shared.  Making it an independent port would be a plain
solution to this situation.

In addition, if you were to put the wrapper script in
www/netscape4-communicator/files, then each (indirect) slave port
would have to have advanced knowledge of the exact place of the script
other than its master directory.  That wouldn't be nice, IMHO.

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"We're only at home when we're on the run, on the wing, on the fly"