Date:      28 Jan 2000 03:18:10 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: editors question #2

Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr> writes:

> Now, if I can get Emacs to quote and wrap descently my mail messages,
> I'll probably stop having editor=joe in my .muttrc and change it to
> something more fancy like editor=gnuclient, which I'd frankly prefer.

For wrapping, add this to your .emacs:

(setq default-major-mode 'text-mode)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

I would recommend you have a look at gnus. Not only does it quote
decently, but it can also re-format badly formatted messages
(automatically, if you want), keeping the citation levels (and do a
thousand other useful things).

HTH,
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com